In the Media

Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito 'to be reunited' five months after they were freed by Italian court

PUBLISHED March 15, 2012

The last time the pair saw each other was when they were cleared five months ago in Perugia after spending four years in jail for the killing of 21-year-old Briton Miss Kercher, who was Miss Knox's roommate.

It is thought they will meet at a family party in Miss Knox's home town of Seattle tomorrow. Mr Sollecito is reportedly in the city for a job interview at Microsoft, set up by his former girlfriend's stepfather Christopher Mellas.

But friends believe they are unlikely to rekindle their romance, which began just a week before their arrests in 2007, according to the Daily Mail.

Miss Knox, 24, is now seeing longtime friend James Terrano, a 24-year-old musician, and Mr Sollecito is in a relationship with an Italian volleyball player, Annie Achille.

Mr Sollecito, who was an IT student before being jailed and completed his degree while in prison, is said to be looking for a new start in America and has been in Los Angeles this week before flying to Seattle.

It is also thought that he will meet his literary agent while in the city, to talk about a possible book deal.

In October he told an Italian magazine that Miss Knox had invited him to visit her in Seattle, and said: "I want to see her again, to talk to her, to look her in the eyes.

"We telephone and write to each other every day, we need each other both to try to understand what happened and to look ahead, towards a future that seemed broken forever but which we can now rebuild."

Last month it was announced that Miss Knox had signed a reported £2.5 million book deal with Harper Collins for her "full and unflinching" account of the events surrounding her arrest and trial.

She and Mr Sollecito were sentenced to 26 years and 25 years respectively for the murder of Miss Kercher, before being freed in October.

Prosecutors have launched an appeal against their release. They maintain that the couple murdered Miss Kercher, slitting her throat and stabbing her repeatedly when she refused to take part in a sex orgy. A third defendant, Rudy Guede, remains in prison.