Additional guidance to help avoid reject problems
We have produced a checklist to help advocates avoid rejects for claims under the Advocate Graduated Fees Scheme (see further information).
This follows the introduction of civil reject checklists.
- Evidence of PPE not provided
- No indictment enclosed
- Incorrect instructed advocate
- Incomplete AF1 form
- Incorrect version of form
- Provider number invalid or incorrect
- Case number invalid or incorrect
- No original signature/AF1 not signed by instructed advocate
- Rep order not enclosed with bill
- Claim submitted out of time
- Incorrect offence class claimed
Help your cash flow
The checklist is not mandatory but should significantly reduce the chance of a reject, helping cash flow.