We are delighted to be able to share the news that from 5th September 2018 LCCSA identity cards which have long been used for access to police stations, will authorise search-free entry to all courts and additionally fast-track entry at the following courts:
This is a welcome development that will avoid queues and delays so members can get on with important pre-court work at the beginning of their day.
We are grateful to HMCTS for engaging with us alongside CLSA, the Law Society and Bar council on this matter . Here is a link to their announcement which confirms that if the pilot is successful it will be rolled out to other courts.
How do I apply?
If you already have a LCCSA or CLSA membership card you simply register with the relevant courts.
Don’t have a card, why not become a full member?
Non-members can apply for an identity card through us for just £36, but LCCSA membership is £50 associate and £75 full. For just that little bit extra (less than 1 cappuccino per week) you will join an association that can protect your interests and
- Have access to tailored training events
- Enjoy free or reduced price entry to our social and networking events
- Contribute to our work fighting cuts and arguing for fair funding
- Join our members email group and ask your peers those tough questions to draw on the experience of hundreds of your peers.
- Access 100s of local members willing to act as your agent at court or police stations, get responses within minutes from people who live nearby.
- Be kept up today with vital news stories whether by email or through our publication The Advocate
All identity card applications are verified against the LAA registration of duty solicitors/ accredited representatives.
We can normally turn around applications for identity cards within 7 Working days and will ensure that all cards are sent out in advance of the commencement of the pilot on 5th September.
Here is a link for LCCSA membership / identity card.