?Bar Reference Groups? give you opportunity to learn about developments first-hand.
The LSC and Bar Council will jointly host a series of regional ?Bar Reference Group? events in February and March 2013.
These events will be held in each circuit following a successful pilot meeting in the South Eastern circuit, held at the Bar Council?s office in October 2012.
What will we cover?
The events will follow a similar format to this pilot meeting, and will give barristers and solicitor advocates a chance to talk to senior LSC staff about:
- the creation of the Legal Aid Agency on 1 April 2013
- the implementation of the ?Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act?, 2012
- our performance in processing your applications and claims
- the piloting of LSC Online, the digital system for dealing with civil certificated work
- the expansion of our Bar Contract Management Team.
Finding out more
Chambers will receive information and registration details from their circuits shortly. Information about these events will be updated on our reference group page.
Provisional details for the events are: