Extension of events model to solicitor advocates
PUBLISHED October 10, 2013
Rollout follows trial with in-house advocates to simplify billing in VHCC care proceedings
The South Tyneside events model developed for billing Very High Cost Cases in care proceedings is now available to all in-house solicitor advocates on a voluntary basis.
The model has been trialled with in-house advocates as an alternative pricing model that avoids the need for complicated case plans.
What is an event?
The model works by applying fixed amounts to key events as the case progresses. These include hearing days, advocates? meetings, and client conferences.
A full list and more information is available by downloading the South Tyneside events model information pack on our website ? see below.
Why should solicitor advocates use the events model?
Solicitor advocates will benefit from improved cash flow:
- The plans are easier and quicker to prepare ? you will avoid having to create full case plans.
- Simplified billing procedures and 100% value payments on account.
- 90%+ case plans are processed within 10 working days.
- The majority of simplified case plans have contracts agreed on first submission.
When the events model can be used
The model can be used where:
- actual or projected future costs at prescribed rates exceed a total value of £25,000 (excluding VAT)
- junior counsel only has been instructed
- care proceedings (not private family law)
How to get started
Simply download the information pack and case plan from our website ? see below.
Then submit the completed case plan to the VHCC events team or use the email address below if you need help.
High cost family cases
? scroll down to ?solicitor advocates events scheme? for an events guide and events case plan