What is an event?
The model works by applying fixed amounts to key events as the case progresses. These include hearing days, advocates? meetings, and client conferences.
Why should solicitor advocates use the events model?
Solicitor advocates will benefit from improved cash flow:
- The plans are easier and quicker to prepare ? you will avoid having to create full case plans.
- Simplified billing procedures and 100% value payments on account.
- 90%+ case plans are processed within 10 working days.
- The majority of simplified case plans have contracts agreed on first submission.
When the events model can be used
The model can be used where:
- actual or projected future costs at prescribed rates exceed a total value of £25,000 (excluding VAT)
- junior counsel only has been instructed
- care proceedings (not private family law)
How to get started
Simply download the information pack and case plan from our website ? see below.
Then submit the completed case plan to the VHCC events team or use the email address below if you need help.
VHCCEvents@legalaid.gsi.gov.uk ? to submit a case plan or make an enquiry