Phone Hacking: files for five journalists sent to CPS
PUBLISHED June 11, 2012
The files all relate to allegations of offences under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, the CPS said.
A CPS spokeswoman said: ''We are not prepared to discuss the identities of those involved or the alleged offences in any greater detail at this stage as a number of related investigations are ongoing.
''We are unable to give any timescale for charging decisions, except to say that these cases are being considered very carefully and thoroughly, and the decisions will be made as soon as is practicable.''
Today's five files bring to 12 the number of files relating to Scotland Yard's phone-hacking inquiry that have been sent to prosecutors.
The CPS has launched prosecutions relating to just one of the files so far - including former News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks and her racehorse trainer husband Charlie.