Clarification on VAT, fees and travel and subsistence
- a revised model of procurement for criminal legal aid
- options for reform of Crown Court advocacy fees
The fees set out in the following paragraphs of the consultation document include VAT:
- Police station work fixed fee ? see paragraph 3.61
- Magistrates Court work fixed fee ? see paragraph 3.65
- Crown Court fixed fees or cases up to 500 Pages of Prosecution Evidence ? see table 3 of annex G of the consultation
Travel and subsistence
The proposed fixed fees referred to above also include the average claim cost of travel and subsistence disbursements.
Revisions have been made to the impact assessment on the ?Procurement of Criminal Legal Aid Services?.
Deadline for responses
The deadline for responses to Transforming Legal Aid: Next Steps is 18 October 2013.
Justice website: Transforming Legal Aid: Next Steps ? for overview and to download consultation, annexes and impact document