WE NEED YOUR VOICE AS WE CELEBRATE 70 YEARS
LCCSA 70th ANNIVERSARY FILM &TWITTER CAMPAIGN
- How Do You Represent Someone Who You Know Is Guilty?
- Have You Ever Prevented A Miscarriage Of Justice?
- What Aspect Of Your Job Is Least Recognised Or Understood By Others?
THE LCCSA is 70 - and to mark the occasion we are gathering together stories from the association’s members, stories that tell the truth about what it means to be a solicitor working in the criminal justice system. Our stories, to be told through a series of weekly themes, will cover topics like those above. See the full list of topics below.
In the weeks leading up to the 70th Anniversary Celebration on 16th November 2018, with guest speaker Sir Brian Leveson QC, we will be rolling out a Twitter Campaign. Daily tweets with the overall campaign hashtag #lccsa70 will spread the best of our stories and build momentum and publicity towards our celebration evening.
On the night of the celebration we will release a film LCCSA@70 incorporating the best of the contributions and highlighting the crucial role played by the LCCSA and its members throughout the criminal justice system. The film will be posted on the LCCSA website and can be shared in social media.
With the Criminal Justice System in crisis, there has never been a more important time to explain to people what we all do and why it matters. This is an opportunity to highlight the vital role played by solicitors, and to tell our extraordinary stories.
To make this work we need your stories and contributions
To make this work we need your help so please read on to choose a topic on which you have something to say – and send your contribution to us, as soon as possible.
Send us an audio file, or a written reply - and a picture
- Read the themes/topics Choose those where you have a good answer or story to tell
- Ideally: record your contribution on your phone using the “voice memo” app. Recordings should be kept to the minimum possible, ideally under 90 seconds. Do it now. ASAP. Until we receive enough contributions on one topic we cannot launch the campaign. Send us your recording as an audio file, and a picture. Most of you will have a Voice/Record app of some sort on your phone – or a colleague will.
- If you do not want to record your story perhaps ask a colleague to read your contribution for Alternatively, you could send a written reply. If we select your contribution to be tweeted as part of the campaign, we will then ask someone else to read on your behalf.
- Finally, please also complete and return the very brief attached form. Sending in your contribution confirms your agreement to its publication on twitter, the LCCSA website and in the LCCSA@70 film.
Thank you all. We are very excited about receiving your contributions and rolling out our positive stories about criminal law solicitors and the valuable work we do over the coming weeks.
Please send written or audio contributions to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org using the title #lccsa70 and if possible the theme hashtag (see below – it is easy) - and note our key requests:
- please keep this among LCCSA members
- please don't start social media discussions about our topics/themes before the tweets/audio files are released each week. We don't want the issue being done to death on social media by others before we get going.
- do this now. Don’t leave it too late for us to make use of the contributions
We hope this campaign will help provide spread an understanding of what we do and why it is so important - and that the film will be a resource that can be shared widely for years to come.
Thanks in advance for your contributions.
Raymond Shaw on behalf of the lccsa70 sub-committee