DUTY SOLICITOR – RUSSELL-COOKE LLP
About the job
Russell-Cooke’s Fraud and Criminal Litigation department is one of the leading London teams, dealing mainly with private criminal litigation, white collar crime and fraud-related matters, and has a high reputation nationally. We are a friendly, progressive and welcoming team.
We have a Criminal Legal Aid Contract and we are looking for an experienced Criminal Duty Solicitor with at least 3 years’ PQE to join the firm.
This candidate’s role would be:
- to represent duty and own clients (to include legal aid and private clients) at the police station and in the Magistrates’ Court;
- to have conduct of police station, Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court files; and
- to formally supervise other fee earners within the team.
Candidates will need to have experience of dealing with a wide range of general criminal cases and the main responsibilities would be as follows:-
- Provide an excellent service to clients;
- Attend police stations both in and outside of office hours;
- Provide advice and advocacy in the Magistrates’ Court;
- Conduct police station, Magistrates’ Court and Crown Court files.
Candidates will need to fulfil the compliance criteria to act as a supervisor under the 2017/2022 Criminal Contract and to be a Duty Solicitor.
- Duty Solicitor qualified and compliant
- Holder of a clean Practicing Certificate from the SRA
Candidates will require knowledge of the Criminal Legal Aid Contract and its requirements and experience of managing Legal Aid work and file management.
Please do not apply unless you have the Duty Solicitor qualification.
We have a diverse workforce and aim to attract high calibre applicants that reflect the demography of our geographical location and client base. Individuals will be employed solely on merit and the requirement of the position. No applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. Reasonable adjustments will be made to eliminate or reduce disadvantage
If you are interested in this vacancy or have any questions regarding it, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are not accepting submissions from agencies for this role