(Last revision date: 15/04/2015)
Welcome to the London Criminal Courts Solicitors' Association ("LCCSA") web site, which is located at http://www.lccsa.org.uk (the "Web Site").
The following Terms of Service ("TOS") contain the terms and conditions that govern your use of the Web Site and LCCSA Service (as defined below).
These TOS describe your rights and responsibilities and what you can expect from the LCCSA Service. Use of the LCCSA Web Site constitutes acceptance of these TOS.
If you do not agree with any of these terms, do not access or otherwise use the Web Site or any information or materials contained on the Web Site. Your use of the Web Site shall be deemed to be your agreement to abide by each of the terms set forth below.
The LCCSA reserves the right to add, delete and/or modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this TOS, at any time and in its sole discretion, by posting a change notice or a new agreement on the LCCSA Web Site. In the event of substantive changes to this TOS, you may be notified by email.
If any modification is unacceptable to you, your only recourse is to not use the Web Site and the LCCSA Service. Your continued use of the LCCSA Web Site following posting of a change notice or new TOS on the LCCSA Web Site will constitute binding acceptance of the changes.
1. The LCCSA Service
The LCCSA provides a number of Internet-based services through the Web Site (all such services, collectively, the "LCCSA Service"). One such service enables users to purchase training and tickets to social and other events (collectively, "Products"). The LCCSA allows users to browse the Web Site and purchase Products. The LCCSA may offer a number of other services on its Web Site which may change from time to time.
2. Use of the Web Site and LCCSA Service
The LCCSA will only knowingly provide the LCCSA Service to parties that can lawfully enter into and form contracts under applicable law. The LCCSA Service is not intended for anyone under the age of 18.
2.2 Compliance with TOS and Applicable Law
You must comply with all of the terms and conditions of these TOS, the applicable agreements and policies referred to below, and all applicable laws, regulations and rules when you use the LCCSA Service and the Web Site.
2.3 Your License to Use the Web Site and the LCCSA Service
- The LCCSA solely and exclusively owns all intellectual property and other rights, title and interest in and to the LCCSA Service and Web Site, except as expressly provided for in these TOS. For example and without limitation, the LCCSA owns the trademarks LCCSA, lccsa.org.uk; the copyrights in and to the Web Site, and certain technology used in providing the LCCSA Service. You will not acquire any right, title or interest therein under these TOS or otherwise.
- The LCCSA grants you a limited revocable license to access and use the Web Site and the LCCSA Service for its intended purposes, subject to your compliance with these TOS. This license does not include the right to collect or use information contained on the Web Site for purposes prohibited by the LCCSA; to compete with the LCCSA; create derivative works based on the content of the Web Site; or download or copy the Web Site (other than page caching). If you use the Web Site in a manner that exceeds the scope of this license or breach this TOS, the LCCSA may revoke the license granted to you.
- This Section 2.3 does not pertain to your intellectual property rights. For information regarding your intellectual property rights, please see Section 4.3.
2.3 Third-Party Services
3. Hyperlinks to this Site
You are granted a limited, nonexclusive right to create a "hypertext" link to the Web Site provided that such link is to the entry page of this Web Site and does not portray the LCCSA or any of its other products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise defamatory manner. This limited right may be revoked at any time for any reason whatsoever. You may not use, frame, or utilise framing techniques to enclose any LCCSA trademark, logo or trade name or other proprietary information including the images found at the Web Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or any form contained on a page without the express written consent of the LCCSA.
4. General Rules
4.1 Prohibited Use
You may only use the LCCSA Service as expressly permitted by the LCCSA. You may not cause harm to the Web Site or the LCCSA Service. Specifically, but not by way of limitation, you may not:
- interfere with the LCCSA Service by using viruses or any other programs or technology designed to disrupt or damage any software or hardware;
- modify, create derivative works from, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any technology used to provide the LCCSA Service;
- use a robot, spider or other device or process to monitor the activity on or copy pages from the Web Site, except in the operation or use of an internet "search engine", hit counters or similar technology;
- collect electronic mail addresses or other information from third parties by using the LCCSA Service;
- impersonate another person or entity;
- use any meta tags, search terms, key terms, or the like that contain the LCCSA's name or trademarks;
- engage in any activity that interferes with another user's ability to use or enjoy the LCCSA Service; or
- assist or encourage any third party in engaging in any activity prohibited by these TOS.
4.3 Ordering Policies
If you purchase services, you agree to do so in accordance with these TOS and our policy on refunds and cancellations.
4.4 Password Restricted Areas of the Site
Certain areas of the Web Site may be password restricted to registered users ("Password-Protected Areas"). If you have registered as an authorised user to gain access to these Password-Protected Areas, you agree that you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and agree to notify the LCCSA if the password is lost, stolen, disclosed to an unauthorised third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You agree that you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account, including any fees that may be incurred under your password-protected account, whether or not you are the individual who undertakes such activities. You agree to immediately notify the LCCSA of any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security in relation to your password or the Web Site that is known to you.
5. Refunds and Cancellations
The LCCSA's policy on refunds and cancellations forms part of these TOS.
6. Reservation of Rights
The LCCSA reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to monitor transactions and communications that occur through the Web Site. If the LCCSA determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that you or another LCCSA user will breach a term or condition of these TOS or that such transaction or communication is inappropriate, the LCCSA may cancel such transaction or take any other action to restrict access to or the availability of any material that may be considered objectionable, without any liability to you or any third party.
6.2 Modification of the Service
The LCCSA may modify the the LCCSA Service at any time with or without notice to you, and will incur no liability for doing so.
7. Forums Etiquette
The LCCSA asks that you respect the LCCSA online community. Your conduct when posting information to the LCCSA Web Site, including without limitation, through the LCCSA forums, should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. To further these common goals, you agree not to:
- Offer for sale products or services.
- Disparage the products or services of any company or individual.
- Impersonate or represent LCCSA, LCCSA staff or other industry professionals.
- Link to content not allowed on the Web Site.
- Solicit a LCCSA user's password or other account information.
- Harvest user information for any purpose.
- Use racially or ethnically offensive language; discuss or incite illegal activity; use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images.
- Harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to anther user that is unwanted.
8.1 Your Submissions
When you submit questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, message board postings, material submitted via web forms, contest entries, communications or any other information ("Submissions"), you grant the LCCSA permission to use such Submissions for marketing and other promotional purposes, including the right to sublicense. You agree that the LCCSA will have no obligation to keep any Submissions confidential. You will not bring a claim against the LCCSA based on "moral rights" or the likes arising from the LCCSA's use of a Submission.
8.2 Submissions by Others
The LCCSA does not control the content posted by third parties via the Web Site and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. You understand that by using the Web Site, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will LCCSA be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Web Site by third parties.
9. Representations and Warranties
9.1 Mutual Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant to the LCCSA and the LCCSA represents and warrants to you:
- that you or it has the full power and authority to enter into and perform under these TOS;
- the execution and performance of your or its obligations under these TOS do not constitute a breach of or conflict with any other agreement or arrangement by which you or it is bound; and
- these TOS are a legal, valid and binding obligation of the party entering into these TOS, enforceable in accordance with their terms and conditions.
9.2 Representations and Warranties By You.
- You represent and warrant to the LCCSA that, in your use of the LCCSA Service, you:
- will not infringe the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity or other legal right of any third party; and
- will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- You further represent and warrant to the LCCSA that:
- there are no claims, demands or any form of litigation pending, or to the best of your knowledge, threatened with respect to any of your Content;
- the LCCSA will not be required to make any payments to any third party in connection with its use of your Content, except for the expenses that the LCCSA incurs in providing the LCCSA Service;
- the use of any instructions, formulae, recommendations, or the like contained in your Content will not cause injury to any third party; and
- your Content does not contain viruses or any other programs or technology designed to disrupt or damage any software or hardware.
10. Disclaimers and Exclusions
10.1 DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE LCCSA PROVIDES THE WEB SITE AND LCCSA SERVICE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. LCCSA DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE, THE LCCSA SERVICE OR ITS USE:
- WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED;
- WILL BE FREE OF INACCURACIES OR ERRORS;
- WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; OR
- WILL OPERATE IN THE CONFIGURATION OR WITH THE HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE YOU USE. THE LCCSA MAKES NO WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THOSE MADE EXPRESSLY IN THESE TOS, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10.2 EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES
THE LCCSA WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES RELATING TO LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL) ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE LCCSA SERVICE, BASED ON ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
10.3 Limitation of Liability
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL THE LCCSA'S LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TOS EXCEED THE GREATER OF:
- THE AMOUNT PAID TO THE LCCSA BY YOU DURING THE SIX MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT THAT GIVES RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY; OR
- ONE HUNDRED POUNDS (£100).
You must indemnify and hold the LCCSA and its employees, representatives, agents, affiliates, directors, officers, managers and shareholders (the "Parties") harmless from any damage, loss, or expense (including without limitation, legal fees and costs) incurred in connection with any third-party claim, demand or action ("Claim") brought against any of the Parties alleging that you have breached any of these TOS through any act or omission. If you have to indemnify the LCCSA under this Section, the LCCSA will have the right to control the defence, settlement, and resolution of any Claim at your sole expense. You may not settle or otherwise resolve any Claim without the LCCSA's express written permission.
You agree that, under certain circumstances and without prior notice, the LCCSA may suspend or terminate your use of the Web Site or the LCCSA Service, including without limitation, if it believes, in its sole and absolute discretion, that you have breached a term of these TOS. You acknowledge and agree that all suspensions and terminations shall be made in the sole discretion of the LCCSA and that the LCCSA shall not be liable to you or any other party for the termination of your access to the Web Site.
Notwithstanding Section 11.1 above, these TOS will survive indefinitely unless and until the LCCSA chooses to terminate them.
12.3 Effect of Termination
If you or the LCCSA terminates your use of the Web Site or the LCCSA Service, the LCCSA may delete any Content or other materials relating to your use of the LCCSA Service on the LCCSA's servers or otherwise in its possession and the LCCSA will have no liability to you or any third party for doing so.
All notices required or permitted to be given under these TOS will be in writing and delivered to the other party by any of the following methods:
- UK mail;
- overnight courier, or
- electronic mail.
If you give notice to the LCCSA, you must use the following address: PO Box 6314, London, N1 0DL. If the LCCSA provides notice to you, the LCCSA will use the contact information provided by you to the LCCSA. All notices will be deemed received as follows:
- if by delivery by UK mail, seven (7) business days after dispatch;
- if by overnight courier, on the date receipt is confirmed by such courier service; or
- if by electronic mail, 24 hours after the message was sent, if no "system error" or other notice of non-delivery is generated. If applicable law requires that a given communication be "in writing," you agree that email communication will satisfy this requirement.
14. Data Protection
15. Notification of Claims of Infringement
The LCCSA respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. The LCCSA may, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, terminate service to users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- These TOS will be binding upon each party hereto and its successors and permitted assigns, and governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the England and Wales without reference to conflict of law principles.
- These TOS will not be assignable or transferable by you without the prior written consent of the LCCSA.
- These TOS (including all of the policies and other Agreements described in this TOS, which are hereby incorporated herein by this reference) contain the entire understanding of the parties regarding its subject matter, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings between the parties regarding its subject matter.
- No failure or delay by a party in exercising any right, power or privilege under these TOS will operate as a waiver thereof, nor will any single or partial exercise of any right, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other such right, power, or privilege.
- You and the LCCSA are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by these TOS.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these TOS will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of these TOS, all of which will remain in full force and effect.
You may also write to the LCCSA at PO Box 6314, London, N1 0DL.